If you've never made Spritz Cookies, quick, go out and buy a cookie press and make them! I have this cookie press that I got for Christmas last year.
It's so much nicer than the old metal one that I had, where the disk kept popping off. That one is long gone, now! This one comes with a little booklet in it with a few recipes. We followed the Vanilla Spritz recipe, with a few minor changes. I'll post the recipe below, in case you already have a cookie press! I had two good helpers this morning.
N was going to help,
Then decided to play instead.
He did sit and watch J stir up the dough, though!
I have the cutest redheads. Seriously.
Isn't it gorgeous?!
Oh, just laying on the countertop watching.
Anyways, the recipe:
1 cup salted butter, room temperature.
1 cup white sugar
2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Mix butter and sugar together in large bowl until fluffy.
- Add in egg and vanilla. Mix well.
- Stir flour in by hand. Dough will seem a bit crumbly.
- Roll a section of dough into a log and insert into cookie press, fit with desired disk.
- Press the dough out onto a non-greased cookie sheet. I found it helps a little if you freeze the sheet before pressing cookies onto it.
- Decorate with colored sugar if you want.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until very lightly browned around the edges.
- Don't let cookies cool on sheets at all, remove while still warm to wire racks to cool.
- Store in an airtight container for 4 days or freeze and eat later!
- Makes about 7 dozen cookies.